Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's been a year!

Wow has it already been a year since I married my best friend/man of my dreams? Where does the time even go these days! It just makes you realize how fast life can pass you by. I was looking through my wedding photos, and as I was clicking through the images one by one I couldn't help but shed a tear or two. It seems like my wedding day was just yesterday, now here I am one year down and already have a baby! 
In this year we have moved to Cedar, coached a drill team, graduated with an accosiates in science, moved to provo, traveled to mexico, went to disneylalnd, experienced pregnancy, and had a beautiful baby girl. Wow!
Now this is going to be a lengthy post, so bare with me!
I even got my husband in on this post! Yes it's true, he willingly wrote his version of our love story and I had teary eyes reading it!
I am so so lucky!

 Our love story by Lauren 

I never actually blogged about our love story! Its a good one I can tell you that much! On the night of February 24th, 2012 I met the love of my life. I was a senior in high school who was just recently single. I was with my friends all day, and we decided to go to a bon fire out in bloomington that one of our close guy friends was throwing. We arrived there and there were tons of people, I knew basically everyone there except a few. I looked across the fire and saw a group of guys I knew were in college, and yes one of them was Logan! We made awkward eye contact, but I felt something so bizarre. I was really attracted to him and I didn't even know him!
So I decided to go over there and introduce myself, I walked up to them and he did not say one single word to me, seriously I thought he hated me! I mostly talked to his friends Trent and Ammon, and then finally I said "you're Logan Vickery huh?" and he just said "yep."
Come on Logan throw me a bone here!
So then he kind of joined the conversation and everyone from the bon fire decided to go to my house because my mom was out of town. The whole time home I was praying that Logan would come over, well ask and you will receive! He showed up and I was so excited!
The night was basically all of us just hanging out and Logan not really talking to me at all!

So the next day we all decided to go out and have yet another bon fire, I honestly didn't think I would see Logan like ever again. But low and behold he shows up with the same group of guys!
I leaned over to my friend Marissa and said "dude I think Logan is so freakin cute."
Once again, Logan didn't say two words to me.

The next weekend I got all call from his friend Trent asking me to be his date to his cabin with a bunch of people, I was kind of bummed that Logan didn't ask me, he asked my Friend Amanda. But at least I could go and just stare at him right?
We ended up talking most the night and I was in heaven, I felt super bad cause he was my best friends date! But manda is a solid homie, she could tell I liked him even though I never told her I did!
We all spent the night at the cabin and we all shared one bed! Not kidding, we had like 5 people stuffed in one twin sized bed. Logan had to leave super early in the morning, and I was super sad he didn't ask for my number.
That night I was on Facebook, and Logan pops up on my chat and asks me to send him the video I had just posted to Facebook from the cabin, and gave me his number. WHAT! Heck yes I was so happy! I sent him the video, and we just kept talking.
BOOM, he was hooked.

We were basically inseparable from that moment on, we hung out every single day!
The moment we fell in love was pretty amazing. Me and my friends planned a senior trip to Mission beach California, we rented a beach house and stayed there for a week. It was supposed to be just a girls trip, but me and Marissa invited Logan and Marissas boyfriend Brock. So we all hung out the whole time, it was seriously soooooo much fun! I realized I was in love with him that trip, we had our first fight and thats when I was like "I think I love this kid."
the rest is history, we dated for 2 years and it was the best 2 years of dating I have ever experienced.

The day we got engaged, I totally did not see it coming! We drove down to California for the US open surf competition with my sister and her friend Hannah Bingham. On the second night he took me to the Cheesecake Factory, because anyone who knows me well knows that is my all time favorite place!
Then he took me to Newport beach, because in High school my favorite TV series other than "Friends" was "The OC." We were at this amazing little cove called Corona Del Mar, most gorgeous place I've ever seen.
We roasted mallows on the beach and then walked along the shore, it was dark and it started to rain a little bit, and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
um, YES!

 Our love story by Logan 

Sometime in February, can't give you the exact date because well it was forever ago and I have a terrible memory, but I can tell you it was the best night of my life. My friends and I ended up going to a bonfire that we heard about. When I arrived, I scoped the area and there she was, I couldn't seem to keep my eyes off her but at the same time I didn't have the guts to say anything to her at the time. after the bonfire everyone ended up going over to her house, I was extremely excited to see her again. Well we got there and we were trying to figure out things to do, everyone ended up agreeing on a movie. I ended up actually being the one to go grab the movie, and then wouldn't you know, she was the only volunteer to come with me! I was so nervous but so excited at the same time! Just before leaving one of my friends Trenton decided to tag along as well... Dang, thought I had her to myself for a moment there. After we got back from grabbing the movie we ended up sitting next to each other, along with the 10 other Miller thirsty men that wanted this gorgeous woman I was sitting next to. The night ended up coming to an end and was yet another chance passed up.

The next night we decided to attend yet another bonfire, I was hoping and praying I would see her again. And my prayers were answered, she was there! Another night that I get to be around this angel.
But yet again I didn't have the guts to start a conversation with her, all I could do was just stare in ahh, while drooling like a dog. She actually ended up starting a conversation with me and somehow I ended up telling her Im turning in my mission papers the next day, I could see some disappointment on her face, but we still talked. I also still remember she was wearing a grey sadies sweater, black jeans and some UGG shoes! The bonfire came to an end and we went our separate ways once again.

The next morning I get a call from my friend Trenton just as I was leaving work telling me I need to invite Amanda (Lauren's friend) to his cabin that night and that he was taking Lauren... That fool somehow got her number when I wasn't looking. I guess thats what I get for not having the guts to get it first. Anyhow, I end up taking Amanda as my date. That night I still couldn't take my eyes off Lauren, she is so beautiful. We ended up basically hanging out by each other throughout the night and I couldn't have been happier! But it actually got better! We ended up on the same bed cuddling along with 3 other people, but who cares she was right there with me! There was a downfall though, I could not stop sweating! It was so hot! Luckily I powered through it and I wasn't the only one sweating like crazy! I ended up having to leave really early the next morning to head to work and was so disappointed I couldn't say bye.

After work the next day I saw that she posted a video of me on Facebook and I thought to myself, perfect I'll just have her send me the video personally, and that is just what I did, and continued to talk to her from then on! I was so hooked! I couldn't stop texting her!

Not to long after we were hanging out at Amanda's house after a BBQ and they mentioned they were having issues with rides to California for their senior trip. Brock and I then had the best idea to drive them to California and hang out with them, because well why not. After that trip I knew I was in love with Lauren, and there is no one else I would rather spend the rest of my life with. The biggest issue I ever had was leaving on my mission, and leaving her. The hardest thing I ever had to go through. I actually ended up coming back after two weeks, I just knew there was something bigger for me back at home... and there was.

After I came back we dated for a while and had many great adventures, but the greatest adventure I ever started was the day I proposed to her. We ended up going to the U.S. Open Surf in California, and I had the idea to take her to dinner first to Cheesecake Factory, which was her favorite restaurant. And then after that I took her to this beach called Corona Del Mar. It was perfect, we roasted marshmallows and made smores. After that I suggested we take a walk on the beach, it started to drizzle and we stood there just looking out at the ocean. I was so nervous and so excited I just sat there and felt that ring in my pocket, and then.. I knelt down on one knee and asked the love of my life to marry me, and she said
"YES"!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Anyone who says the first year of marriage is hardest, you're doing it wrong because I can honestly say this year has been the best year of my life, I know I made the right decision when I said I do. I can't wait to celebrate more anniversaries with you Logan you are truly my better half, I love you. xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment